Yes, you got it! I'm counting the days to my hecticness again. Ironically I'm wishing the days away, simply because I miss my kids.
As a 'half-nester' (some of my chicks are in the process of flying the coupe), the weekends are treasured times. They are times to absorb the presence of my loved ones; to take in their lives and make up for any lost time.
Ironically though, the weekends end up rather stressful. Not only is it hard work, but it is motivated by an intense desire to make our home the best it can be. My goal is to "Stock the cupboards, plan the meals and cater for their every whim" . My desire is to forecasts their every need and align myself to fulfilling that void. In return, all I desire is their presence and companionship. But it seems that is sometimes a price too high!
Some of my best laid plans.... trip me up! I end up frazzled and frantic, desperate to make it work! The process renders me short-tempered and unattractive. Soon I discover that I have politely been isolated.
Perhaps the lesson here is that I try too hard. Perhaps its better to learn to let go, to have neither expectations nor boundaries. Perhaps then the nestlings which I set free will indeed return and I will know they were truly mine.
I DO SO LOVE THEM!
Don't be affraid to let go - they will come back and appreciate you even more.
ReplyDeleteThis really touched home...it made me think of my Mom and how much she loves when all of her kids are home. Sigh...I miss my mom. I'm sure your little winged ones miss you, too!
ReplyDelete