The solitude of wide, open, uncomplicated space where I am merely an observer of the ecosystem around me.
The crunch of dry grass under my feet which is ready to ignite with any tiny spark.
The grasshoppers; who jump frantically as I plot out a path with my feet.
The birds and their calls which travel for miles and echo on mountain sides.
The shy animals who occasionally let their guard down to admit me into their space.
The air; all hot and humid, but clean and allowing me to take big, deep and satisfying breaths.
The shadows; the only place for respite from the heat.
The sunsets; unobscured for God to paint his heavenly orange streaks.
The dawn; all dewy with the promise of a new day.
The insects; as they mill about me in their thousands...and their buzz; alive and abundant.
Oh, how I miss the bush!
No comments:
Post a Comment