Wednesday, September 23, 2009

AMUSING MUSING!

I revel in the times when I have an opportunity to explore 'thought' and it's link into language. To some of you this might sound very strange, but did you know that our language determines our thought. Language is an incredibly powerful tool. I thought I'd share one of my strange concepts with you today:
WARNING: PUT YOUR THINKING CAP ON!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


I just love the noun ...
MUSING”
pronounced....mewzzzzzzing
(DEFN:...A period of thinking carefully about something or telling people you thoughts about it.)

(I encourage you to say it out loud...and slowly!)

M U S I N G

It seems to roll off my tongue in a manner that conveys its precise meaning
and sends me into a world of thought, dreams, ideas and concepts.
It wills me along this path of contemplation that generates peace, wonder and awe.
To me, it is the mental equivalent of doodling.

Musing instills an essence of calmness in me and entices me to morph into a sense of delight in my own freedom to think.
I can then relax and allow myself to be transported along its unanticipated thought patterns.
Musing points to a serene sense of consciousness which turns my mind to creativity.

The “zzz” sound at the end of the word seeks to put me to sleep
...calmness
...receptiveness
...peace.
Is it not ironic that Music itself derives from this word?!

So, if I add an “A” to this special word,
it then changes the whole feel of the word as it then becomes ...
“AMUSING”! ?
-----------------------------------------------------

1 comment: