Saturday, November 15, 2008

UNIQUE PERSPECTIVE

"Relationships are based on overlapping perspectives"
Caryl Moll 14.11.2008
The most profound thing that I bring into this world is my PERSPECTIVE. This is what identifies me as Unique and is the blueprint of my existence on this planet."
Caryl Moll 14.11.2008
One of my most profound moments occurred when I was a small child - about 8/9 years old. I was sitting on the rim of our farm reservoir with my feet enjoying its cool water. I was in a childishly pensive mood. Pond skimmers were sharing the water with me, and were making various patterns on the surface of the water. Pretty clouds also reflect their images off the surface of the water. I thought about life in general, the role of humanity, the lives of the pond skimmers and compared all of these to my own life.
I concluded that pond skimmers were not unlike us humans: There were so many of them - darting backwards and forwards, creating their own paths and going about their individual ways. Despite this, they were part of a collective - a community who shared similar traits and who all occupied the same planet.
The importance of this moment, I realised, was that it was only me who was watching them, that it was only me who was thinking about them and this was, in turn, creating my own perspective. This moment might seem trivial to some, but for me it was a defining one; a unique and highly personal snippet in my life and of unique importance - only to me.
We all have similar such moments which seem to add to our unique identities. They all add up to what I call UNIQUE, INDIVIDUALISED PERSPECTIVE. This is the essence of who we are as individuals.
I encourage you to embrace and value your own, unique perspective. This is what will allow you to make a difference in this world! ... and when, by chance, you are given the gift of sharing part of your perspective with another soul, cherish it to the extreme!
Enjoy this beautiful day!





No comments:

Post a Comment