It is so easy to get caught up in this troubled and turbulent world of ours...
For example, if you are a passionate reader of newspapers and other media, then you get mentally caught up in the drama of the world at large. Since disasters are news worthy, they get printed readily. Very seldom do you read about ‘happy’ events. So it goes to say that you will be thinking about all those unhappy events constantly and for some folk, this generates constant negative thoughts and thinking.
Another example: If you are locked into your work situation and find it difficult to not think about work, then you ‘become’ your work. If your work is stressful, then you will be generally stressed.
I recently had a very interesting insight into my own life:
For the past year and a bit, I have been constantly carrying my camera around with me. I am an avert blogger (on my other blog) and have designed
“Max’s blog”
in such a way so that it will be seen as imparting ‘positivity’. For that reason, I search constantly for that beautiful photograph. Each moment of the day, in whatever I am doing, I wonder about the potential ‘photo opportunity’ that the moment presents. It often happens that when I upload my photos onto the computer, I crop them too, so that only the ‘good’ is displayed.
Over the months of blogging, the collection of ‘beautiful’, ‘good’, ‘positive’ and ‘happy’ photos has increased, so that now when I look at my blog, it becomes inspiring and I find myself thinking more positive thoughts generally. These in turn, inspire me to continue and it has become – for me - the total opposite mental thinking to the disheartening and negative events of four years ago.
The point I am making is that the “positivity” which has emerged in me has been the direct result of a conscious decision to look for the positive.
So I leave you with this thought:....
Is it not possible, that our emotions are determined by a conscious decision to react to our reality in a particular way?
It seems, to me, that “WE ARE WHAT WE CHOOSE TO THINK ABOUT!”
Our emotions are most definitely controlled by our conscious decision to react to our reality in a particular way!
ReplyDeleteHaving a positive attitude is always best!
Great Post!
Blessings, andrea
PS: Urgent prayer request on arise 2 write.
Excellent post - and such a great lesson. I try to focus on the positive on my blogs as well. It's not always easy. :)
ReplyDeleteHugs!
KZ
A very nice post -
ReplyDeleteYes, positive is good but sadly reality is negative as well -
I've always been the half full type of person until I begin to realise that sometimes others are attempting to make me think it is half empty -
I don't take kindly to being told what I know not to be true!
I also strive to believe I can respect what you choose to believe even if feel differently -
I just ask you show me the same courtesy -
Thanks for being YOU and sharing what you feel!
Khyra's Mom
This has been my experience in life too; life is much better in many ways with a positive attitude.
ReplyDelete