Friday, September 26, 2008

MATRIC DANCE FEVER

It's Matric Dance fever in our household and the day has finally arrived. The atmosphere is feverish with excitement and anticipation. By tomorrow evening, my daughter and her friends will reveal themselves like butterflies emerging from their cocoons.

I look back, with nostalgia, over the years preceding this time. Eighteen years ago, this beautiful young woman arrived in my world as a small human parcel, packed with potential. So much has happened over these years as we have tried to shape her with our love. I have watched in awe as she has embraced her talents, her faith, her values, her friends and her potential. As her mom, I have had the privelege of helping her reach for all these things. Indeed, when I held that little mite all that time ago, I doubted my abilities to fulfill the important role of motherhood. Little did I realise at the time that motherhood in itself holds all the tools to do a sterling job and has allowed me to grow in God's grace. I am so thankful for this opportunity which was given me.

So tomorrow, when I look at her radiance and enjoyment, I will remember the gift which was given me and understand that the time spent over the years is a drop in the pond of God's plan for her. She is adult, she is beautiful and she is on the springboard to fulfillment. I wish my daughter a wonderful, happy Matric dance, with all my love, Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment