GREETINGS FROM SOUTH AFRICA!
Caryl here...
Caryl here...
I have always been fascinated by those "magical" things called 'flowers' - their unique colours, design and shapes. Flowers have made their presence known throughout my life - during times of grief, celebration as well as joy. How wonderful it is to answer a doorbell and sign for a special floral surprise, and wrack one's mind as to who on earth has sent such a glorious gift.
To me, flowers always speak of deep emotion.
Like in a colouring-in book, these simple creations sometimes serve to simply fill in the blank spaces of my life, and at other times they take more prominence. The invigorating fragrance of blooming Jasmine and Sweet-peas, at the beginning of Spring, has always held significance. Simply put, I cannot imagine our world without flowers.
Having said that, I have always wanted to do a flower arranging course, but somehow this has evaded me. A while ago, however, my hubby presented me with a voucher for an 'Introduction into Flower arranging' afternoon workshop. I was delighted. It has been long overdue. Last Saturday, I went to redeem the voucher.
The course itself was held at the Broadachres Shopping Centre, in Fourways, Johannesburg. The little flower company - Corollation Flowers - is run by Jill Manson and her partner. Their training room was airy and comfortable and adorned with the creations of other, more advanced students. I joined the small class of four beginner students for the afternoon. The three hours we spent together were most enjoyable indeed!
(Above: Jill Manson, Corollation Flowers)
All-in-all, it was a wonderful, worthwhile experience and in the end, I proudly presented my own beautiful bouquet to my family.
"Impressed" can not adequately describe their reaction.
"Impressed" can not adequately describe their reaction.
If you are interested in doing such a course, I would strongly recommend Corollation Flowers. Jill, Nikki and Tracy are all extremely welcoming and friendly. You will leave there feeling inspired and refreshed.
Check out their website



Flowers speak for us on so many occasions: the birth of a child, the loss of a loved one, the marriage of two lovers, the joy of being alive. I so wish I could take that class but it's quite a drive for me☺ Do they have any advanced classes that you might be able to attend and then share with us all of the lovely photos?
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to see what you encounter when you and Les are 'in the bush'. My heart will be there with the two of you☺.
Both of your bouquets are gorgeous, Caryl! I too think flowers are special. I'm so glad you shared this post; also wanted to say glad the new mama successfully delivered her little guinea pigs - all are adoreable!
ReplyDeletexo Beth