Tuesday, February 17, 2009

A RAINBOW FOR YOU!



























Last evening after a touch of rain, we went out for a walk and were treated to an amazing Rainbow in our sky.

I did a little research this morning on rainbows. There are numerous explanations about their formation, but they all suggest three simple components in rainbows;
Raindrops,
Sunlight, and the
Observer.

It is ironic that – without the Observer, there would be no rainbow?!
Is this not an incredible privilege - to be able to observe a rainbow?

Your particular observation is unique to you. No person can stand on exactly the same spot as you, so you are the only one that sees that particular reflection of the rainbow. I find this really amazing. Rainbows certainly are

“The greatest light spectacle on earth!”

The point I am making is that we need to be grateful for our powers of observation. To be able to “SEE” the amazing phenomena which surround us on this earth is a very special gift! How often do we pass things by... or simple take them for granted?

Perhaps to observe a rainbow might also be our opportunity to observe the old-age symbolism of the rainbow.... “Hope”.

Think about it – what a privilege!!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks my friend, I knew something special was going on outside yesterday afternoon but I was too busy inside to go out and check - I'm sorry I missed it.

    ReplyDelete