We all need a sanctuary... a special place where we can retreat, reflect and regain our equilibrium. City life brings the challenge of finding such a place amidst hectic lifestyles. Indeed such sanctuaries are scarce and sometimes our only resourt is to simply close our eyes and imagine ourselves at such a place.
When I was little, that place was next to our waterfall on our old farm. I spent many hours there contemplating the meaning of my own existence and simply merging into God's creation.
The photograph above was recently taken in the Drakensberg. This particular waterfall was incredibly peaceful and the water just seemed to wash away all my stress . Its entire ambience was reflective of my childhood sanctuary.
In the absence of a City sanctuary, this photo now acts as the catalyst to my calmness. I hope it can also do so for you.
No comments:
Post a Comment