Monday, June 23, 2008

A ROUND TUIT

How often do we put off that irritating task…”I’ll do it when I get around to it!”? My own experience is that often that task simply never gets done. It hangs around the attic of our mental ‘to do’ list, gathering layers of dust and eventually fading into obscurity.

Some time ago, I was shopping for a present for a person who ‘had everything’ – I’m sure you know the feeling; the endless trudging around a shopping centre in the hope that something will just jump out at you.

At a time when my legs were almost deserting me I walked into a crafters’ shop. The display was marvelous, such creativity! On a remote shelf, there it was – the perfect gift – a small round cushion with a label; the ‘TUIT’.

On the back of the label was the explanation: “For the procrastinator:- A product that will eliminate all excuses – the ROUND TUIT! - For that special person who promises they will do something when they get a ROUND TUIT.”

I bought the ROUND TUIT that day and gave it to that special person, but alas – we don’t have one in our house and the excuse remains…”I will eventually get around to it!”

1 comment:

  1. Once, long ago, in one of our fund-raising activities, we made round tuits out of clay with the accompanying instructions."for all those tasks that have not been done because you have not got "a round tuit" here is a round tuit of your very own so all those tasks can subsequently be done. Also available - up tuit (for feeling), down tuit, face up tuit. "

    ReplyDelete